Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A professorial Vicente Fox at Wayne State

Although I haven't had a chance yet to watch the video clips or talk at length to those who were in attendance, it seems like a very professorial Vicente Fox took the podium last night at Wayne State University.  Fox must have left his video persona at home in Mexico.

You can read about the evening and his remarks here.  Of course the online comments after the article are entertaining.  I don't think any tough questions were asked at the event, but if I find out I'm wrong, I'll report back.  Respectful dialogues need to be encouraged in these live settings and I would like to see event facilitators make sure that they happen.  Is it risky to allow the time for this?  Yes.  But therein lies the real benefit of live public speaking events.

No comments:

Post a Comment